Seasonal Eye Allergies
Birds are chirping. Bees are buzzing. Spring is officially in the air … literally. Are your eye allergies getting you down? You are not alone, it is estimated that nearly 50 million people suffer from seasonal allergies. When staying indoors or finding a giant bubble is not an option…
7 Tips on Overcoming Eye Allergies:
- Keep allergens out! Wear wrap around sunglasses to help avoid allergens getting into your eyes.
- Wash, rinse and repeat. Shower before going to bed to rinse off any irritants from the day.
- Hands off. Rubbing your eyes can make your eye allergy symptoms worse, which brings us to our next point…
- Drops. Drops. And more drops. Wash out any eye allergens with artificial tears (avoid the “get the red out” drops), plus it will help with itchy eye relief.
- Clear the air. Use an air purifier to clean the air of any irritants.
- Ditch the contacts. Contact lenses accumulate allergens, consider temporarily (or permanently with LASIK) ditching contacts.
- Don’t stop and smell the flowers. Take a moment to relax but find a different way to enjoy the beauty of life!
At Ennen Eye Center, we hope these tips help you conquer your pollen woes!