A yearly eye exam is essential to maintain optimal eye health regardless of your age.
Comprehensive Eye Care
During a routine eye exam, your eyes are tested and treated for:
- Retina tears
- Diabetic retinopathy
- General refractive disorders
Based on the results of your comprehensive eye exam, Dr. Ennen will work with you to determine the best treatment plan for your eyes and lifestyle. If corrective eyewear is needed we can help you onsite with glasses or contact lenses.
Our Clinical Technology
Dr. Ennen believes in using leading edge technology to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- OCT Imaging System: Captures images of the eye, allowing Dr. Ennen to see certain diseases (glaucoma and macular degeneration) years in advance.
- Nidek OPD: Provides the most accurate glasses and contact lens prescription reading.
- Pentacam Topography: Takes a topographical map of the eye, showing any imperfections of the front surface of the eye.
- LenStar: Accurately measures and calculates the power of the lens implant that replaces a cataract, decreasing the dependence of glasses after cataract surgery.
- iDesign CustomVue LASIK Treatment: With over 1250 measurements performed in just a few seconds, this technology is the most advanced of its kind. Patients considering LASIK will receive a reliable, accurate, personalized treatment.
Understanding the Eye
Dr. Ennen treats astigmatism, nearsightedness, and farsightedness with either corrective lenses, cataract surgery, or LASIK.
In an eye with perfect vision, incoming light rays focus directly on the back of the eye, on the retina.
The eye is longer, so light rays focus in front of the retina. Near objects are still clear, but distance objects are blurry.
The eye is shorter, so light rays focus behind the retina. Both near and far objects are blurry, but far objects are clearer than near ones.
The cornea of the eye is spherical (picture a football on its side). Produces blur by focusing images at multiple distances. LASIK eye surgery and Cataract surgery can correct astigmatism.